Wednesday, December 10, 2008

End and beginning...

Finally, its the end of CAT life for me (hopefully) after going through all the exams. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve something this time (world prize maybe?) as i think i did well for some of the papers. One paper I'll be hoping for is T6 (Drafting Financial Statements). I think i got all the computations correct so it is likely that I might be able to score a 100 for this paper. For the others, there is little or even no chance to getting a prize (especially audit) and i only hope to pass them with above average marks.

Since exams are already over, I'll have a couple of decisions to make. Those of which could plot the journey of my life. One of it would be to consider whether to go for the ICAEW offer. If I accept the offer, I'll be having a new beginning for my life next year onwards.

The offer requires me to start work with BDO Binder. This is because they'll be sponsoring my education while I have to work for them until I complete it (which is approx 5 years). Worse case scenario of me accepting the offer would be that I wont have a social life due to the job being a full time job. On the bright side, I'll be able to get the ACA qualification and it will help me in my career in the future (not to mention that I'll be getting paid). I'll have to decide it by this week or else it'll be too late cause the interviews are soon.

The other decisions that I'll have to make cover other aspects of my life, however the only important one would be the ICAEW thingy.

On a side note, I'm having my holidays now until the end of the month. So it is time for me to unwind and prepare to face whatever that's coming for me next year.

No comments: