Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Responsibilities...

The upcoming months will most probably be the busiest of the year. Apart from having to study extremely hard and try to get 80+ for my progress tests, I'll also probably have to lead my class (and those who want to join in) to organize some sort of charity fund raising event for the myanmar refugees. Most probably it'll be a carnival of some sort.

August 18 is also gonna be a deciding point during the month. Results are going to be released that day and I'll have to decide (if i fail my Paper 5) whether to take 5 papers this sem and sacrifice most of my social and gaming life or to take 3 or 4 papers only and complete the rest next semester. Most probably I'm gonna go for the first option but that means that I'll have to spend most of my time memorising not only sections in the public ruling and the ISAs, but also management and leadership theories.

Another choice I'll have to make is that whether or not I would want to quit ACCA and take up ICAEW. This year SYUC will be offering those CAT students who did really well for the PTs and MOCK exams a chance to work for either Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu or BDO Binder and study ICAEW part time for 5 years. Well ACCA is indeed recognised globally but if I have the ICAEW qualification, it'll be easier for me to climb up the corporate ladder in the Big 5 accouting firms. Owh and I'll also have a better chance of being promoted to an audit partner in the Big 5 as ICAEW is sorta like the original Chartered Accountants if compared to ACCA. The downside to this is that I'll have to work and study at the same time. And I can only take 1 paper per semester which means I'll take a very long time to finish it up. Any advice on whether I should take it or not?

I'll have 1 month to plan the charity carnival. That includes getting the admin's permission, more people to participate in, decide on how is it going to be carried out and all those things. Plus, I'll have to work with the students from other groups or courses who wants to join in together. Not sure why I've taken the lead to this project.

Another 2 more weeks till results are out. I should be enjoying the time while I can...

No comments: